Now or Never!

Options
Swyftt
Swyftt Posts: 8 Member
Hi,
Have you ever reached a point where you feel like its now or never? Thats where I'm at. Tired of clothes not fitting right, or being the biggest guy in the room... And I'm not talking about height ๐Ÿ˜„.
42 yrs old... Its no longer about wanting Not to lose weight, I have to.
I'm sure in not the only one.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Swyftt wrote: ยป
    Hi,
    Have you ever reached a point where you feel like its now or never? Thats where I'm at. Tired of clothes not fitting right, or being the biggest guy in the room... And I'm not talking about height ๐Ÿ˜„.

I reached that point many times unfortunately. It was actually when I started with a whimper instead of a bang that got the job (mostly) done. Frustration often led me to go at weight loss hard like I was doing battle. When I stopped focusing on weight loss and just focused on a process of eating the right number of calories the pounds just started falling off. I needed patience which is something I didn't use in the past and I needed to be kinder to myself.

I was always the largest guy in the room and sometimes by a considerable sum. In public I was a "double take" guy. This means that when some people saw me in passing they had to look again to make sure they were seeing what they thought they were seeing.

Just find your easiest path forward so you can adhere most of the time. Perfection is not needed. If something doesn't feel right don't quit for any reason. Just adjust.
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Swyftt wrote: ยป
    Hi,

I understand completely. I've definitely hit that point, especially with gaining enough weight on my small frame to cause problems like symptoms of Sleep Apnea. Waking up gasping is terrifying and the best solution is to lose weight. Diabetes is always on the backburner with it being in my family so trying to be more prudent and healthier like I was before. but it's not easy. Hopefully with some motivated friends we can all push through it. Feel free to add me!

• Swyftt
    Options
    Great comments. Thank you both for sharing. I do appreciate it.
  • cheripie1
    cheripie1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do it now before it gets more difficult. :) Add for mutual motivation.
  • Swyftt
    Options
    You are so right! Thanks