Loose skin

Options
Hi guys,
I'm in a bit of a pinch... And have been struggling.

When I started 3+ years ago I was a whopping 200 pounds... Keep in mind I am 5,2 :/ anyways fast forward and I dropped sizes I'm now at a healthy 146 pounds.

* I carry my weight in my stomach,hips and thighs *

I can't for the life of me loose my stomach... It actually hangs over, almost like a fold. I cannot determine if this is loose skin or still fat or maybe even a combination of the two. It is deteriorating my mental health as I feel lost and ugly and no matter what I try to do it won't go away....

I need you help... Is it loose skin?if not, Is there a way to get rid of it... Suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated :(

Replies

• Karlijunruh
    Karlijunruh Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Here is a picture

received_2854390574643701.jpeg[img][/img]
  • Karlijunruh
    Karlijunruh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I know I'm definitely not at my goal weight 😂 still going strong it's just I'm losing everywhere else now and not my stomach and my tummy never use to over hang! Actually because of this I'm getting really discouraged and have no idea how to get this off :/ it's been 1 year the my tummy has remained the same :( should I do more cardio ? Core ? I appreciate you commenting and letting me know as this has been driving me crazy and has taken a toll on my self esteem to be quite honest.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You’ve done so well and I see similar posts with a lot of women being unhappy with their tummies. The main point is that you have achieved a weight loss that will have done wonders for your health.

That said, you do still have fat to lose. It will eventually come off your stomach if you choose to lose more weight. I’m 5 ft 9 and 139 pounds and still don’t have a flat tummy.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How often do you measure yourself including tummy? I’d be pretty sure that you have in fact lost in your tummy, you just don’t notice the change because you’re so concerned about that area. It’s usually the last to go on almost everyone. If you quit now, I’m sure you won’t lose it😏
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have lost half my body weight and am within a healthy weight range. I still have loose skin/fat on my belly. I guess I could work really hard to get to the low end of BMI to see if I could lose it, but I have decided it’s just not worth it!