Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Cottage Cheese Mix-Ins?

2»

Replies

• MistressPiMistressPi Member Posts: 507 Member Member Posts: 507 Member
    A favorite low carb breakfast of mine is cottage cheese topped with an oz of salted peanuts, with coffee or tea.
  • algrif37algrif37 Member, Premium Posts: 110 Member Member, Premium Posts: 110 Member
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    From the Centr "cook book" - Mix with tahini and honey. Put on toast. Top with banana and nuts.

I made a tomato onion jam the other day and have mixed that with cottage cheese to have on toast.

Oh man I would love a tomato onion jam recipe! That sounds delicious!

• nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,941 Member Member Posts: 1,941 Member
    another one that may sound strange, but I think is delicious.

Cottage cheese mixed with tuna and avocado..mix in some Frank's Red Hot and a little bit of Soy sauce. yum!
    edited June 8
  • Ale_Nka1Ale_Nka1 Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    I always loved the Hungarian cottage cheese spread.
    This is my recipe on how to make it:
    200 grams of cottage cheese (most common is made from cow’s milk, but if you find one from sheep’s milk - it will blow your mind)
    Half of an onion (young white onion or 1 shallot) – finely diced
    1 teaspoon of sweet red paprika powder,
    1 level teaspoon of fennel seeds
    1 good tablespoon of sour cream
    Salt to taste

Some people put spicy paprika, and some put butter - I don't find it necessary, but you do you :smiley:
  • smilynn13smilynn13 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Slice of toast, avacado, cottage cheese, slice of tomato, salt & pepper....DELISHISH
  • CobaltTurtle2CobaltTurtle2 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    As faux lasagna dip-- cottage cheese, a little tomato paste (I'm using the sort from a tube), garlic, basil, oregano, mixed, then top with red pepper flakes, and either Parmesan or Romano cheese, heat through.
  • avtloveavtlove Member Posts: 51 Member Member Posts: 51 Member
    Pumpkin seeds (pepitas), dry roasted chick peas, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. I like to make it crunchy.
  • ksushyguyksushyguy Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I blend it with ranch seasoning to make a veggie dip (thinned with water or milk it becomes ranch dressing). For breakfast I'll blend together equal parts (by volume) of egg whites, rolled oats, and cottage cheese with a pinch of salt, a little vanilla extract and some cinnamon to make waffles or pancakes.