Stubborn belly fat-help!

Options
Hi, for 3 weeks now (thank you quarantine) I've been increasing my exercise lots to try and get rid of the extra weight I am carrying. This is in particular around my stomach.

I am doing 2 personal trainer HIIT sessions a week plus I started doing the couch to 5k. I am eating well and at a deficit most days.

But today i measured and my stomach is the same size as 3 weeks ago but everything else is shrinking!

Any tips?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its more about your diet. Set up a small deficit, about .8-1g of protein/lb and time.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    For me, as with most people, weight loss shows in the extremities first and in the core/belly last. You may be losing weight but that abdominal area is always the last area to lose for most people. I know its that way for me! The weight goes onto my belly/waist first and then when I diet it comes off there last. My face, hands/arms, legs, etc., will all lose visibly before my mid-section. So what you are experiencing is quite normal.

Just keep with your program, keep losing the weight, and you will start to see it in your stomach area eventually. Maybe you'll notice your pants are fitting loser before you even see the difference?

Just keep after it!
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I measure all over, arms, legs, belly button area, narrow part of my stomach, bra line, hips ect. Unfortunately, there are times when the fat seems to come off everywhere and other times just in one area. There is no way to spot reduce fat :(
    Just keep consistent with the weight loss and eventually the fat will decrease