How many calories should I burn through exercises every day ?

Options
saynow111
saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
edited April 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
To help in weight loss plan ?
What is ideal ?
What is good ?
What is poor ?
Today I burned 87 calories through exercises ?
Anyone has an idea about what I am asking about ?
My weight is 124.5 kg I am 184 cm tall 29 y old

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    Options
    As stated above, exercise is more for health and fitness than for weight loss, unless you are able to spend a lot of time and energy exercising. The current recommendation is for 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise for health. Find an activity (or several) you enjoy and do it as often as you can without getting injured. Walking is one of the best exercises out there for health, because it is easy and safe for most people, but it doesn't burn that many calories. Running burns a lot more calories, but has an increased risk of injury. Swimming is a great exercise, but you have to have access to a pool. Weights and calisthenics can help you become stronger and tone your muscles. If you are new to exercise, start slow and easy and give yourself time to improve. Look at the calories that you burn doing the exercise as bonus - you get to eat a little more than you would if you were completely sedentary.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If you're training for a very long endurance event then it's good to go out and burn a lot of calories most days, because calories are just energy and you'll need a lot of it to, say, run a marathon. You wouldn't measure your progress in calories, you'd just burn a lot in training.

But for weight loss, you're encouraged to eat the calories you burn with exercise and have a constant deficit every week.