Because......

Options
12346»

Replies

• NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to gain weight by reading a thread?

Actually....you can!

http://www.dietingtipsetc.com/can_you_gain_weight_just_looking_at_food.html
    Can You Gain Weight Just Looking At Food?
    You Can Gain Weight Without Even Taking A Bite

My mother swears she gains a pound every time she just looks at a brownie. We used to laugh at her when she’d say that -- now it seems as though she may have been telling the truth. Think it’s impossible for people to gain weight just by looking at food? Guess again. Studies show it’s not just possible, it’s been scientifically proven!

How Unfair Is This?

You’re hungry -- famished actually -- and you spy a delectable pot roast with gravy-laden mashed potatoes. You’re being a good little dieter and you don’t take a single bite. How much good is it doing your diet? It may actually be doing more harm. If you look at mouthwatering food while hungry, your might start packing on the pounds without consuming a single calorie.

A Matter of Nature Working Against Us

Yale University recently conducted a very interesting study. They checked the insulin levels of hungry people who were exposed to the sight, smell and even just the thought of char-broiled steaks. Without even taking a single bite, these people’s insulin levels skyrocketed and their body’s started converting glucose into fat. What does this mean? Without taking a single bite of food, these people started gaining weight.

How To Fight It

First and foremost, if you’re hungry, eat. Now this doesn’t mean you have to consume high-fat, high-calorie foods. You can simply eat high-fiber, low-calorie snacks to keep your hunger under control.

If you’re not hungry when you come across a tantalizing food, your body will be less likely to have the above-mentioned reaction and you won’t gain weight without even eating.

Also make sure you avoid all-you-can-eat buffets since the sensory overload may increase your body’s chances of turning glucose into fat before you even start eating.

It may seem like your body’s out to get you, but with some self control and a bit of knowledge, you can beat it at its own game.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    1146676_10152117360889992_1919964727_n.png

Yes. Yes I do!

I don't just want a bite. I want the whole thing. So help me, I'll find a way to make it fit the macros.

70a.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    dana+ultimate+surprise+plate.JPG

These are great.

Chocolate chip cookie dough on bottom.
    The Oreo, pour favorite brownie recipe on top.
    Bake according to brownie recipe.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXAPVr8HY9D5GJMHaV4CYUt5CgoH6sW1-wwI5VPkzcfsSFcoxa
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I crushed up a peanut butter Oreo into my overnight oats. That's my new favorite!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Meh...not that great.

Now THIS has me foodgasming

lemon-pie2.jpg

NO! :angry:

Meringue is not nearly as good as whipped cream.

I knew there was a good reason I was marrying you! Aside from the sprouts, asparagus and licorice. :smile:

Oh, Honey. You're making me blush... :blushing: