Hate the feeling of too much energy

Options
I am trying to put on a few pounds of weight. I have been eating 500 more calories per day but now I have way too much increased energy! I hate to have the feeling of so much heat and energy. It is really uncomfortable to have extra energy.

How do you folks deal with the feeling of extra heat/energy when you are eating excess calories? I hate it because it makes me want to do more exercise like run but I do not want to do that and just burn off everything I ate.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to experiment with different types of foods or time of eating. What works best for me is having bigger meals/foods closer to bedtime so I don't feel bloated or energetic all day and I can go right to sleep. Otherwise I get so fidgity so I have to mindfully stop moving. It is hard at times.

You can try more calorie dense foods like more fats. For some people too many simple sugars can cause energy surges so saving those foods before a workout helps. Again it's all down to experimenting to see what works.

Also there a reason you are in such a high surplus? You are set to gain 1lb per week, that could be why you are finding it uncomfortable. I would try 250 cals per day, you can always increase and adjust with time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, instead of run?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, instead of run?

Sounds like good advice