Quarantine Creation!

Options
Jonjon60
Jonjon60 Posts: 17 Member
Off the wall creation that actually turn out pretty good.

Plz, share!
Maybe we will like it or at least get a good laugh from it!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I found some skirt steak in the freezer. I use this in Thai Beef Salad, which I like in very warm weather, which is months away where I am. So I made it into a warm dish, using veggies and herbs that I had on hand. It was good!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,784 Member
    Options
    I had a frozen pie crust and cans of peaches and apricots. Husband is diabetic. I try not to cook with much sugar. I drained the fruit about halfway, added a dash of vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, a heaping spoonful of dry oatmeal, a spoonful of flour and about two ounces of peach balsamic vinegar. Stirred and let it marinate for an hour.

It was too tart, so I added about 1/4c coconut sugar and threw in some unsweetened dried cherries.

Cut the top in a lattice, threw it in the oven and crossed my fingers.

Served it with a scoop of cottage cheese, and it wasn’t bad at all.

For an experiment, thumbs up.

My other experiment was simply a bowl of mixed frozen berries, a serving of cottage cheese, and some ginger honey crystals. It was outstanding.

Honey crystals are amazing. A tsp adds a ton of flavor and is only 15 calories. I bought my lemon crystals and my ginger crystals from vgourmet.com. I am obsessed with them.

A tsp of the lemon honey crystals on top of some sugar free lemon jello mix that has been whipped with Greek yogurt and a squirt of rediwhip? My husband said it tasted like a dessert at a fine restaurant.