Beachbody workout plan. Your thoughts?

Options
Hi all,

After a long layoff, I'm looking to get started at this whole "lose weight and get fit" thing again tomorrow morning. With gyms being closed right now, I signed up for Beachbody On Demand to get access to stuff I can do in the house.

After going over the workouts, I came up with the ones that I think will work best for me, but I'd like to hear some other opinions before I dive in. Here's my plan (unless someone talks me into something better):

Mornings: T25. Heavy on the cardio in about 25 minutes a day. That's five days a week.
Evenings: LIIFT4. A four-day weightlifting split with three off-days.

I really like the look of LIIFT4, as it's only four nights a week, and once life gets back to normal, I won't have time for more than that (I host trivia two nights a week, play softball another night, and also play some occasional racquetball). I want to double up with the extra morning cardio, and don't trust running yet until I get some pounds off (running is rough on my knees and feet when my weight is where it is now).

Thoughts? Good plan? Ridiculous plan? Suggestions?

I'll be updating my stats in the morning.

Thanks, all! :)

John

Replies

• Tumbles617
    Tumbles617 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LIIFT4 is my absolute favorite of all time
    I’m also doing Ten Rounds (I purchased this new one since I didn’t want to wait until October)
  • NicoleinVegas
    NicoleinVegas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Both are really good programs but doubling up will be tough unless you are already in pretty good shape (or you take it easy on both). I know 30 minutes might not seem like it'll be alot but it's amazing how sore you'll be. I just finished 100 days of Morning Meltdown and am currently doing 21day fix real time while waiting for barre blend to be included on June 1.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Both are really good programs but doubling up will be tough unless you are already in pretty good shape (or you take it easy on both). I know 30 minutes might not seem like it'll be alot but it's amazing how sore you'll be. I just finished 100 days of Morning Meltdown and am currently doing 21day fix real time while waiting for barre blend to be included on June 1.

Yeah, I agree. The only issue I have with BeachBody is the ridiculous amount of reps they have to try to make the tapes longer. If you're so sore you can barely walk, take an extra day or two off until you acclimate. Don't be as rigid with it.

I row an hour a day on a Concept2 and I do bodyweight exercises 3 days a week (mostly pushups/pressups). My 29 year old daughter, who is in great shape, is working remotely here during the social distancing. I got here BeachBody on Demand and we're starting P90X this week. I'm 55 and for my age in great shape, but I'm a bit intimidated with all the reps and know I'll be sore as hell. If I'm so sore I can't walk, I'm taking extra time off.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I've only done T25(alpha and beta) not liift 4. But...I would many times double up on my T 25 and then go lift at the gym later. Beta incorporates a little more strength with the cardio than alpha. My knees were really sore that summer...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Those are both great programs. Since you’re just getting started, I’d suggest starting with 3 workouts a week rather than 9. A lot of people tend to overdo it at first. Even if you're already moderately fit but just getting back into it, I would suggest ramping it up slowly. Injuries and burnout can happen from starting off too intensely. Good luck!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Barre Blend is being released early-April 24th!!!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Liift4 is awesome! I also think starting with just that at first is the best idea. There is cardio included in the workouts. And you can always walk if you need something in addition, but not as hard as T25. 👍🏼
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am on week 7 of T25. I love it and have seen a lot of inches lost. I couldn’t imagine doing lift4 along with it.
  • NicoleinVegas
    Options
    PedmomJill wrote: »

Woo-hoo!!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    PedmomJill wrote: »

Woo-hoo!!!

Yeah, my wife, 59 this past week, felt like that would be the only tape (aside from Lean in 6 that she did for years) that she might be interested in from the Beach Body on Demand. I thought the 20s looked good too -- it's a tape series from a contest they had like "who's the next training star" contest and these contestants made tapes, some of which I thought looked great and all are 20 minutes.

BTW, helpful thread to me, so thanks OP. With just getting Beachbody on Demand, I didn't know what I'd start with. My daughter and I are starting this evening on a lifting schedule. I didn't know anything about LIIFT 4, so we might do that one, not P90X. With all the rowing I do, I'm not sure I could handle P90X on top of it.

One positive about all this mess going on. I haven't worked out with my kids since they were teenagers. My daughter is 29 now (and quite the successful corporate exec!). She's got her mom's looks -- looks like a young Cindy Crawford. She'll kick my butt for sure.
  • NicoleinVegas
    Options
    The best thing about Beachbody on demand is the variety of stuff. I like LIIFT 4 and I also really like P90X3. My favorite has been Morning Meltdown mainly because of the trainer. Jericho wasn't too talkative but yet still motivating. Also 30 minutes is just about the right amount...especially once I have to go back to an office instead of just working on the couch.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Jericho wasn't too talkative but yet still motivating.

I'm on day 22 of 80 Day Obsession today and man, Autumn talks WAY TOO MUCH! I finally had to start putting music on and turn her volume down. And it irritates the heck out of me that we could be done with a 60 minute workout in like 52 minutes without the unnecessary chatter! I will finish, but not sure I can do this series again. Agree about MM100 and Joel is the same-talks just enough. He's my favorite. :)

• terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Liift 4, but my favorite right now is 4 Weeks of the Prep. Amoila Cesar kicks my butt.