Tracking Weight Fluctuations

Options
Hey All 👋🏼. Do you track your fluctuations every week? For example I weigh every Monday, last week was 243lbs. Today was 244.9(because I didn’t watch what I ate).

Thank you!! 💖

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track my weight in a trending app (Libra).
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I dont but I've come to understand them on my own, for others its helpful to see because sometimes they second guess the process and seeing the trends is reassuring
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I've learned a lot about my body that way. I've also learned not to freak out about the fluctuations so much that way. I used to use the HappyScale app to enter my weight every day. Now I just use this site.

Spaghetti for dinner? Up 2-3 pounds the next day, every time! Ovulating, up 2-3 pounds, same with a couple days before my period. It's all water weight, so I don't freak out about it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    I'm another who tracks weight daily, using Libra (for Android).

(That and other free weight trending apps can be useful. There's Happy Scale for the Apple environment, Trendweight with a free Fitbit account (don't need a Fitbit device), Weightgrapher, and more. They use statistical techniques to try to visualize fat loss through the confusing fluctuations in water weight that are normal: Not a magic crystal ball, but a help.)

This is a really good read, especially for someone newly working toward weight loss:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations