Flucuations are KILLING me.

Options
I am up and down all over the place. Sometimes its 10 pds in a week. My water intake stays consistent. Between Saturday and today I am 6pds heavier and feel it. I've been plateued for EVER. Whats the secret to staying to the same?

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm the same...up and down...sucks!!!
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I think we all want to know the answer to this one. I'm having the same trouble. Try to pay attention to what you eat around that time (I have noticed increased bloating after eating some starches) or you may be ovulating. That puts 8 lbs on me in two days! I just got an app (free) called "Period Tracker Lite" for my iPhone to start tracking my bloating. Maybe knowing the pattern will help.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hav discussed this with a few friends and for me, its the humidity. Its a killer. We do not run the AC in all the rooms, because its really not that bad if we wear light clothing and less of it. When we go to bed, we usually run the AC (most nights). Between my official weigh in on Friday morning and Monday morning I have been up about 2 lbs and come mid week its gone again. A friend thinks its because my office is freezing. I pee WAY MORE on Mondays at work than the water I am consuming, so I think our bodies are just holding on to all the water they can while its in the 90s and oppressively humid (at least it has been in CT for about a month now!)
  • tarajake
    tarajake Posts: 6
    Options
    I would watch sodium also. Eating something high in sodium makes me retain water and then I weigh more the next day.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Its rough, I know I hate it too. How consistant are you with your calories, and they types of food. You said your water is consistant but what is your sodium intake like, the more sodium the more water you need. when you work out more water too. Your weight if flucating but what about measurements, or just how your cloths feel. You are flucating but is it going down over time like for instance 173 to 179 then to 171 to 177 like that? is the flucations slowing going down? Becareful not to weigh your self to much, and when you do make sure its at the same time/ type of cloths etc all of that makes a difference. I am always 2lbs heavier at night than I am in the am. also...when does TOM come? some woman it effects for 3 weeks straight, the week before and the week of they are up on the numbers, and then the week after a sudden drop and then the other week it finally levels out. Our bodys are very very complex, and any changes throw it for a complete loop and it takes a while to stablize. Also try changing up your exercises, the length of time, the type, intensity, change up your calorie intake, for a week or so, sometimes your body just needs a wake up call to get back on track. dont do anything unhealthy or drastic, but switch it up a bit. and most of all DONT give up!! :D
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    So glad I am not alone in this but wish we could find a solution; I even gained 2lbs whilst sleeping!!!!! Currently weighing 6lbs more than my lowest weight in the last 6 weeks so still disappointed. If anyone finds a solution / reason please let me know; I have to takes meds so am seeing my doc as they say they may cause weight gain but I cannot stop them. Still good to know I am not alone so sympathies all!
  • batty5
    Options
    Just another thought I am too old for periods :sad: but still have water retention that varies.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have same thing.. between yesterday and today, I exercised 700+ calories and was under my calorie goal for day and still managed to gain almost a full pound. Now, I know it is fake weight but still - it just frustrates so much. Tomorrow is my official weight in and I really wanted to record even a 1/2.. my weight is barely moving but I won't give up.. I just wish I could see a little more postivite (or rather negative :wink: ) reaction on the scale.
  • batty5
    Options
    Not sure if any of this is useful to anyone other than me but apparently if you have arthritis as I have you do need to both drink & retain water to help the joints so am wondering if this is part of my problem, if so doubt there is anything to be done & obviously unless other issues will not be prescribed water tablets as they could make my mobility even worse.