ectomorphic bulking

hi guys,
This is about food just stay with me while i fill you in on the background...
im an ectomorph thats trying his hardest to bulk ive gained 3kg in a month, trimmed my abs put an extra 3 inch on (pumped) arms 1 inch and a 1/2 on my chest, but im starting to plateau at 70 KG. im consuming approx 3200 cals a day, Ive been reading alot about bulking and want some opinions on my bulking method.

I eat a good balanced diet normally but i read an article on how ectomorphs do well to just get the calories any way they can eating what ever is available including junk food and snacks then letting their metabolism burn the junk off. apartently this is good provided you keep a 2:1 carb to protein ratio,

any thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    just eat more
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Does anyone else think "ghost busters" while reading this title?

Oh and ^^^^^ Just eat moar food. Label less.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Ectocooler was always my favorite koolaid flavor.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Gaining 3kg in a month, and putting on all those inches, sounds like pretty good progress to me. Is this your first time weight lifting? This could be newbie gains that are giving you a false sense of what your progress should be.

Even if this isn't your first time weight lifting, how do you know you are 'starting to plateau' if you've only been bulking for a month and already have all those gains? It doesn't sound possible for you to have much data pointing to your 'plateau'.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    slimer.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Does anyone else think "ghost busters" while reading this title?

Oh and ^^^^^ Just eat moar food. Label less.

YES! That's why I came in here!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Also, no...I don't believe body type helps, slows, down, prevents, inhibits, etc, your ability to lose weight or gain. Neither does it dictate the rate of loss, etc.

If you look through the threads and threads of success stories, you'll see that when it comes down to it, body type doesn't matter...neither does the types of food. Clean eaters, IIFYM, paleo...whatever. They still saw good results.

If you are trying to figure out where your macros should be, check this out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    3" on arms in a month?

not sure if srs
  • Long_Ashes
    Long_Ashes Posts: 9 Member
    I was thinking the same thing. If you are serious OP, please tell me your secret. I'm an ectomorph too and I have been on a strict weight lifting routine and switched to bulking about 5 weeks ago, and my arms are still at the same inches. My weights have increased on everything I've done (except bicep curl). Currently I do 15x10x5 and increase 5 pounds on each. My current routine is this:

Monday- Chest and Triceps
    Tuesday - Running / Cardio
    Wednesday - Back and Biceps
    Thursday - Abs/Core
    Friday - Legs and Shoulder
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Running / Cardio