Being petite: Calorie deficit

Options
Hey there! So I’m 5ft 1, female and 24 going on 25. I had orthorexia in Highschool (I had it for about 18 months) and since then, I’ve recovered well (although I got really heavy in varsity). I’m now about 140lbs and my goal weight is 120 lbs. I lost weight with intermittent fasting without counting calories but now I’ve plateaued. I decided to quit IF for a bit to give my body a slight reboot, but I’m still maintaining my weight. I’m not as active anymore though (I only do jump rope for about 20 minutes with a lot of stoppages though) and I’ve lowered my calories to 1200. But I’m afraid I’m actually eating less than 1200 net because of the little bit of jump rope I do. Calories burned is never really accurate anyway though. My question to other smaller women is this: how do you manage your deficit if you do light exercises or you are primarily sedentary?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat less than 1200 calories, and remember you should be eating back your exercise calories. If you haven't input your info into mfp and let that help calculate your calories. If you are wanting to lose 20 lbs set your weight loss at .5 or 1 lb a week.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    If the above suggestion is already done, then my suggestion is purchase a food scale, so you know for sure you're eating 1200
  • Nommzi13
    Nommzi13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Kriss. I have a good scale, I think my main concern is overestimating the calories burned by exercise. Thinking of finally getting my Fitbit.
  • Nommzi13
    Options
    Thanks Harper. I’m going to try and establish how much I’m actually burning first before I eat them back.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, what about your food entries, could any of them possibly be inaccurate, that perhaps while you were losing your first amount of weight it wasnt as noticable?

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm petite. 5'2" around 110lbs 19.5% Body Fat.

I lost 10 lbs in a year. I'm currently at maintenance. My calorie is around 1300/day give or take.
    My work requires me to be sitting in front of a computer all day... But I was taking walks or jogs when I could and did Orangetheory 3-4 times a week. I was able to eat more on days I burned more.
    Now that I work from home, I do mini workouts throughout the day, burning around 300 cals and do light walking or jogging 2-3 miles/day and 1300 cals is still what I eat.

Enter, log what you eat and workout more! Muscles burn more cals too. I have a kettlebell and dumbells that I can do 10 min at a time. Good luck!!
  • Nommzi13
    Options
    Perhaps, what about your food entries, could any of them possibly be inaccurate, that perhaps while you were losing your first amount of weight it wasnt as noticable?

You could be correct actually.