Looking for a KETO Guru

Options
Looking to start the KETO diet but have no idea where to start. I’m looking for someone to guide me until I get the hang of it. I have a ton of questions!
CW - 281
GW - 160
HT - 5’8

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why are you choosing to do Keto? Its not a diet I would recommend unless you have done a good amount of research because it can come with complications like electrolyte imbalances. If anything, I would start with low carb, work on making whole food choices and eventually moving towards Ketogenic. A goo start is aiming for 100g of carbs, around 100-130g of protein and the rest fats. I would start looking at recipes that are low carb or keto in nature. I would also recommend minimizing or not doing fat bombs, keto coffees or replacement desserts/snacks. They are often highly caloric and can impede weight loss.

Even though i am not a huge fan of all his content, Thomas Delauer has a few good starting keto videos
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started keto eight days ago, nearly half a stone down! Add :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    erinlane93 wrote: »
    Hey! I started keto eight days ago, nearly half a stone down! Add :)

7 pounds in 8 days is not a sustainable pace.

Not sure of your starting weight - but if you have a lot to lose yes, you could lose 7lb in the first 8 days - but in the long run you need to aim for no more than 2lb per week - and that pace only if you have a lot to lose.

Regardless of whether you are doing keto or not.

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Just count the calories and get a reasonable plan. Keto means nada, just another fad diet.