Where do you exercise?

Options
Just curious where everybody exercises.Gym, home, park?
I really want to start walking 30 minutes everyday but my husband doesn't want me to do it in our neighborhood.I don't have tv so I can't pop in an exercise dvd and do it from home.I just feel trapped.
So, where do y'all exercise?

Replies

• luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    me and a friend are doing the c25k at our local park, I don't think I could do it if it was at my house and just running in place or on a treadmill
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Why doesn't he want you to walk in your neighborhood?

I walk on my lunch break at work, around my house and i also use the bike trails to bike and run. And i have an elliptical, treadmill, exercise bike and weight machine in my basement i mostly use in the winter and on rainy days.

But before i got the exercise equipment i mainly used dvd's and worked out in front of the tv.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    oh, have you tried the circuit training? Google it and it will give you a bunch of exercises you can do in a circuit. (jumping jacks, squats, run in place, lunges, etc) I did one one night and could not believe how tough it was.
  • lcast89
    lcast89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband is really conservative and doesn't want me walking by myself.Good idea, I will google the circuit training exercises.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I workout most days in the gym (less than a mile away from home) then most day bike to the train to travel to work (about 5 miles each way from home to the train station).
  • jigenigma
    jigenigma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can look up workouts online and do them in your own home-- I think one of them is called FitTV.
    In the winter I do 1-4 10 minute workout videos.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I run at the gym 2x a week, I do T25 at home Monday-Friday and long runs outside on Saturdays
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    living room and nearby bike path
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You must have a computer. You Tube is loaded with exercise videos.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I walk/jog at the track at one of the elementary schools close by.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I can see where your husband is coming from.
    I used to run along the canal near our neighbourhood in the early morning when no one was about, which was fine in the summer months because it was light. But during the winter months, when it was darker in the morning, I didn't feel safe & I stopped soon after. Now I go to the Gym every other day (because my energy levels really dip too low if I do it every day) but I quite naturally do a lot of walking. I never really plan it, I just walk into town instead of taking the bus in & if possible I take an hour long walk back from my friends house.
    Maybe you could get your husband to come with you for a walk around your area?
    he may feel a little better about it that way :) Hope that helped.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 days a week. With small children, it is really hard to get in enough at home, though I do have a home gym. Plus, I enjoy the gym atmosphere. I can get through an entire class with enough motivation. The motivation is harder for me when I am by myself.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Unless you live in a really dangerous neighbourhood, just walk anyways.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    All over. At the gym, in the park, in my back yard, in the living room. I walk, run, lift weights, calistenics etc. I have a hard time doing exercise tapes. The whole world is your gym, use it.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I go to zumba class twice a week and do a weight circuit at home. If you want to walk you can find videos on youtube and walk in place. I used to do that years ago
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    There's this beautiful street in my city that's lined with shops that has an eclectic, "hipster" feel. I run down that street. It's actually more of an area...a neighborhood.

On my downtime days, I exercise at home using the Wii Fit.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Gym or outside for me.

Is your neighborhood unsafe or are there cultural issues he doesn't want you alone? Would it be okay to walk alone at a public park or local HS track? Could you get a friend to go with you?
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Lift at the gym, cardio either on a treadmill in my basement or out on a nearby path. I used to do HIIT on my bike but my legs have gotten so strong from lifting that no amount of pedaling gets my HR high enough. Might have to go find a good hill or something. :)

Sometimes I do intervals while I'm swimming too...just whenever I'm in a pool or at a beach.
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 nights a week. I just started doing the c25k around my neighbourhood.

I wouldn't give much though to your partners wishes and would walk anyway, your your own person and its your health.