The Jawzrsize....let it be true!

Options
I just saw a commercial for this thing on Youtube. It's like an egg-shaped thing you put in your mouth that you bite down on. It has like 40 pounds of resistance. It's like a Thighmaster, but for your mouth. The commercial says it will tone and tighten you jaw and face. I want this to be legit, so badly!! LOL Yes, it looks as ridiculous as it sounds. But has anyone used it?

https://jawzrsize.com/

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's right up there with the shake weight, and it's a $100, really? Hard pass.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    😲🤪🤦
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I was going to comment that this is meme or gif gold in the making. But they did it for us. :)

promochickdemogiffy.gif

@midlomel1971 Do you really dislike your jawline? It seems to fit your smile very well as is.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Huh?🤔
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's almost as bad as the Shakeweight!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I was going to comment that this is meme or gif gold in the making. But they did it for us. :)

promochickdemogiffy.gif

@midlomel1971 Do you really dislike your jawline? It seems to fit your smile very well as is.

I have this fantasy that it will help the sagging jowls and turkey neck that are coming for me any day now. (I can see it starting)
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha wtf. Why oh why, this could give you all kinds of problems
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hey, try it and let us know! If it doesn't work you can do what the rest of us do--invest in a lot of scarves.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'd be terrified it would mess up my teeth bite and require some kind of dental intervention. Pass lol.
    Bazooka bubblegum is probably a better alternative haha
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

promochickdemogiffy.gif

I have this fantasy that it will help the sagging jowls and turkey neck that are coming for me any day now. (I can see it starting)

Sagging jowls and turkey neck happen as you lose weight and/or age because your skin loses fullness, fat, elasticity. Exercise cannot fix these issues.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    It’s $100. OMG.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options

promochickdemogiffy.gif

Sagging jowls and turkey neck happen as you lose weight and/or age because your skin loses fullness, fat, elasticity. Exercise cannot fix these issues.

I think you're not fully wrong, but it sure seems to me that the aging, fit women I know have noticeably less of that kind of thing going on, on average, than the long term not-fit ones (weight loss would seem to increase that effect). Things that are good for your other organs, are good for your skin, because it's an organ, too. Getting enough healthy exercise (plus nutrition, etc.) may help skin elasticity and such.

If you held my feet to the fire, I'd speculate that regular CV exercise is a bigger contributor, vs. strength training, just based on the totally non-statistically-valid sample of my friends/acquaintences. Maybe because better circulatory system? Meh, totally speculating.

I don't have any belief that specific exercise for facial areas have much effect. I did some exercises for a reasonable trial period that were supposed to improve jaw/neck "youthfulness" (my motivation for doing them was that they were also supposed to help relieve TMJ). I did them long enough to play out the period that their originator said it would take to have effects. I didn't feel (or see) any.

OP: I suggest coming to terms with healthy aging. Consider the actual alternatives, unhealthy aging, or death. Good plastic surgery can improve the appearance aspects quite a lot, if you're into that. Various chemicals mitigate the fine lines and some other minor things. Makeup plasters problems over, to some extent. But aging is going to happen . . . if you're lucky. :flowerforyou:
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I'm also thinking this happens more after losing weight...If you used to be fat and had a full face/cheeks, double chin, those things are going to sag more. I noticed it as soon as I lost 40lb and I was still in my 30s. And then aging makes it even worse.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    I'm also thinking this happens more after losing weight...If you used to be fat and had a full face/cheeks, double chin, those things are going to sag more. I noticed it as soon as I lost 40lb and I was still in my 30s. And then aging makes it even worse.

Oh, absolutely. I didn't spell it out in detail, but that's what I meant by "not fully wrong". In fact, I think you're basically right, just not 100%. The problem can't be totally fixed but it can perhaps be improved.

I agree that it's very likely that one will get some droop and sag with weight loss. I did. I also found that some of the initial facial loose skin decreased quite a bit, very slowly over the next couple of years, even starting that maintenance process at age 60. But sure, I still have some. (At this point, several years on, I'm not sure it's materially worse than it would've been if always thin, based on looking at relatives and such - no way to know.) And genetics are going to be a factor, possibly in multiple ways.

The disagreement was meant mainly as partial disagreement with "Exercise cannot fix this", as a black and white statement.

Your stratement is strictly true, if "fix" means 100%. Just my opinion, but I think that exercise may be a contributor to a better (not perfect) outcome. Pure speculation, I think excellent circulation from good cardiovascular exercise would be more promising than the strength training that helps with lots of other appearance stuff. There isn't a lot of musculature that can counter gravitational effects on loose facial skin, but I think people with good CV health may have better skin elasticity longer, via cardiovascular/circulatory benefits. I can't prove any of that.

:flowerforyou: