Can't stop thinking about food...

Options
Ever since I started MFP I constantly think about food. It's not even just sweets that I think about, it's other foods too. Especially my next meal. Even if I am doing something to occupy myself I still think about food. It is getting very annoying. It wasn't like this before I started MFP. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Replies

• carolinecarpenter
    carolinecarpenter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it relax and use the thoughts to plan healthy balanced meals. Look up new recipes/ ready meals / snacks. Enjoy the power you will have over your diet. It will soon become less of an issue I am sure, you are taking a big step towards a new you and it will be worth it. Good luck.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry?

Is it certain food you think about, or just in general?

I had a peek at your diary and some days you've "eaten back" exercise calories, at least one day you went way over, some days you were way under what is already a pretty low calorie goal.

You seem to be a healthy weight, not knowing your height. Think about this, do you really need to weigh less, or do you want your body to be different?
  • EliDC
    EliDC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. I hate how it takes over my mind. However, mindless eating is what caused me to gain weight. So it's like the pendulum just swung the other way.

Lately I've been thinking about food a lot less, and I think it's because I've replaced many of my unhealthy habits with healthy ones. I no longer have to spend as much willpower on sticking to my goals.

Hopefully you'll think about food less too, as you get accustomed to your new lifestyle. Good luck!
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Has it started since you started a new exercise regime, and are you eating back the calories you burn off during cardio? Hunger is your body shouting "I need energy!".