Multiple Sclerosis and everything else.

Options
I live with Multiple sclerosis. I can barely walk and wear leg braces. Sometimes in a wheelchair. I’m trying to lose weight and be on a healthy weight. I just signed up to this and bought all kinds of vegan, gluten free, and low fat meals with veggies. I know it will take time to lose weight. But cardio isn’t my friend. I can do simple workouts with my legs. All my strength is in my upper body. Anyone going thru this with me? Any tips?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I'm not living with multiple sclerosis but this is an issue near to my heart. North America has MS societies with great adapted physical activity resources that you can do at home. Have you checked in them? For example...

USA or CAN.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube for sitting workouts. You don't have to be able to jump around or run a Marathon to be fit. Just do what you can do. Heck is love to have a stronger upper body I'm jealous
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The ms society has some great resources. There are some videos on YouTube like yoga with ms. I just started a group to try dr. Terry Wahl’s protocol if you want to join. Good luck!