Covid lockdown

Is covid lockdown helping or hindering your weight loss journey? For me its helping as I'm not tempted to visit the supermarkets next to my office and I've taken up running!

Replies

• ValkyrVex
    ValkyrVex Posts: 13 Member
    It's been helping me. I'm still going to work, but with my hours cut I have more free time to cook and exercise.
    Also, my favourite dance studios have online access-- I used to have to take weekend trips to learn from the best choreographers and now I have to pick and choose whose classes to follow. I hope they keep some of these classes online after all.
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    SlytherPuff4Life Posts: 74 Member
    Helping... only in the sense that I've lost my appetite due to stress. Lol. I still have to work full time as I'm an Engineering Assistant. But hey, today we were creating parts necessary for Ventilators, so that was pretty cool. At least we're doing our part to help in the crisis.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I wanted to stop losing for awhile and work on fitness but with my gym closed it "helped" me back into weight loss for now.
  • allenyang95
    allenyang95 Posts: 4 Member
    At first it wasn’t helping out me out at all, I found myself slowly going back to the habit of binge eating. I stopped myself midway, and decided to fill my time with productive work and home workouts (since I can’t go to the gym)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    It's only day 72 of the 'hostage crisis' and yes, we'll all been dealt some tough cards. We're learning how to play with them until the dealing is done. We're having some major financial hiccups. Some of us may be in stumblebum. We have no idea what tomorrow holds. I think running is good. It will clear the head and give you a brighter perspective when the running is all done. Stay strong out there. <3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member
    Some of each. Boathouse closed, so no rowing (machine just isn't the same, so lower volume happening with that); Y closed, so no spin class. Restaurants and brewpubs closed, so fewer indulge-y days (in maintenance).

So, moving less, eating less, still OK with my current weight goal of losing ultra slowly while mostly close to maintaining; not so great on my fitness goal of maintaining fitness, but I suspect I'll kick myself into doing better as the weather improves (we've still got snow and freezing temps now).

Meh.