Post Op Gastric Bypass

Options
hsuexx
hsuexx Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys!
I don't want to intentionally bore you so I will bullet point my journey so far.

- Always been "big" even as a child
- I had 18 cholestral gallstones at 12 years old
- I was a surprising light/good dancer and danced for 10 hours a week between the age of 5 & 17.
- Aug 2015 I hit 25 stone & my weight loss journey began
- Nov 2017 I lost 5 stone and weighed 20 stone the day of my bypass surgery
- 28th Oct 2018 i got married weighing 13 stone 3 lb
- Aug 2019 i was still 13 stone 3lb
- April 2020 i was 14 stone 3lb (After staying the same, and some stressful personally issues, old habbits had snuck in. E.g emotional eating, stopping exercising, stopped food prepping etc)

However, I am determined to get back on it and find a way to push through this 13 stone 3lb barrier. My goal is 11 stone 12lb.

I need help from someone who understands my surgery as my body does this a little differently. Also, MFP doesn't always allow me to save my diary if under 1000kcals due to under eating BUT as a gastric bypass patient, I should eat betweem 900-1000 kcals. I also need help with eating a 50% protein diet (i'm 60g off my 50% protein target each day). I wondered if anyone could recomend protein shakes or, preferably, protein that i could put into my morning coffee?

Thanks!

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What isn't working about the diet plan that your health care team provided for you?
  • Mainemom77
    Mainemom77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the Fairlife Protein Shakes. The ones that are 150 calories, 2.5g fat, 4 carbs/ 2g sugar. I find them to be delicious and mix in my coffee. I also like to just add Genpro Unflavored Protein to my coffee, sugar free pudding, or just about anything when you need a little more protein