Are Videos in the Exercise List?

Options
treehugginmom
treehugginmom Posts: 18 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Just wondering, I have a couple videos I use for home weight lifting...when I put "video" or the name of the person whose video it is into the search bar under exercise...nothing at all comes up. Help! Do I have to add it, or am I just doing it wrong?

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Do not take my word as gospel. as I am not great with technical OR exercise. But from reading up recently it seems that most people doing videos such as Jillian Michaels log it as "circuits".

What might work is to catagorise the type of workout, and log the time spent as that.

Be wary though, several people on here reckon the calories can be pretty inaccurate, some recommend other methods, such as Fitbits etc. Step counters might help?

As I said, I'm no authority, but hope this helps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just wondering, I have a couple videos I use for home weight lifting...when I put "video" or the name of the person whose video it is into the search bar under exercise...nothing at all comes up. Help! Do I have to add it, or am I just doing it wrong?

Which video's are you doing? MFP doesn't have the burns for most videos, you have to input the video's type of exercise into your logs. If you are consistent with exercise, i would suggest upping your lifestyle (from sedentary probably) to either lightly active (3-4 hours of exercise per week or moderate for 5-6 hours of exercise and not worry about exercise calories). Essentially, this does the TDEE method so you aren't chasing exercise.
This discussion has been closed.