Sushi- how many servings is this?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    I recently bought sushi in a supermarket, different kinds but they all had 1,5 to 1,6 calories per gram.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    One quick way to approximate would be to weigh all your pieces and assign them calories equal to cooked rice (Rice, white, long-grain, precooked or instant, enriched, prepared)... which has 124 Cal per 100g, which makes @wilson10102018 's post quite "insightful"!

Your fish items will be a few less cal per gram. Your mayo/sauces probably more... but around that level of Calories as an average is a good sanity check for any other entry you choose to use.

Weigh your food. That package is quite likely to be lying, terribly, about the weight of the contents! :wink:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    That’s got to be 100 calories of spicy mayo, alone.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    I ate it all and logged it as 2.5 servings. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've never eaten sushi. How was it?

Sushi is great. This was supermarket sushi so definitely not quality, but works for a craving.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    If you feel like it you could contact the producer and ask for the calories per 100 grams of the roll, and of the mayonnaise, and as how many grams of each are in there. When I sometimes get really annoyed with a producer I send them those kind of questions. For example: we have these packs of vegetables here that might contain wraps, coconut milk, spices and other things as well, and the calories are always stated as 100gr prepared product, after adding the cooking oil and an undefined amount of meat. Yeah, right. That's very helpful (not). Especially when I prep all the veggies and log them, and find there's not really a lot of calories left for the rather fatty wet spice mix :s Sorry for the early morning rant.