HeNeed help putting on pounds and muscle!!

Hello!! Ok so I’m new to this you all! I’m 5’7 and I weigh 125 my goal is to gain 30 pounds eventually but I know I should set a smaller goal like 5lbs for now! What should I eat?!? Is my biggest question!! I’m focused on getting this body I want jus need some help from you all who have the experience!!! Thanksssssss!!!! ❤️

Replies

• DanielleMackay2015
    DanielleMackay2015 Posts: 30 Member
    I would say to eat things that are high in protein and not bad fats, so don’t just bondage eat on sugary goods and take aways. Eat things like red meats or if you are a vegetarian eat things like broccoli which had is high in protein.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2020
    I would make sure you keep the gain slow and steady (0.5lb per week or less to minimize fat gains) and follow some type of resistance training (I know it might be difficult right now with most gyms closed). In terms of eating, just make sure you get a minimum protein 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight, fats 0.35-0.6g per lb, rest carbs. I would recommend to keep your intake mostly nutritionally dense foods for health and optimal performance but nothing wrong with adding in some treats, they are great to help you reach your goal and makes gaining more enjoyable (especially if your cals get up there).

Also lots of patience! You might have to run several gaining/cutting cycles to reach your goal vs all in one shot.