Running Belt (uk) recommendations.

Options
Hi, Im a fairly novice runner, I do a few 5k runs a week for the last couple of years (except for an injury break!). I do it for cardio, dont have any interest in races.
Im looking for recommendations for a belt to carry my phone in while I run. I use an app and obviously my music while I run so need one with a big enough pocket for my phone and my key.
Ive had two karrimor ones in the last two years, but both of them ride up when I run and I spend time pushing it back down and rejiggling it every one. The newest ones zips both broke pretty soon after I got it and now the stictching is coming away... I think I would rather spend money and get a belt that doesnt hinder my running. Seeing as I cant get to shops to have a look at the moment... Does anyone have any recommedations?
For the record the arm band I had prior to belts also used to just slide down my arm, and now isnt big enough to hold my smartphone x

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    These are the ones I use (the original and/or big pocket).

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @dewd2 thankyou so much.. I will have a look and see if theyre available over here :)
    X
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    My other half runs and he gave up on belts because they always moved, rode up or bounced around. He uses a vest or a running backpack now - you can get some tighter fitting ones which will hold keys and phone and which won’t move around as much. Might be worth looking at?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,400 Member
    Options
    I don't know how big your phone is, but have a look at the buddy pouch. You hang it with magnets over the top of your trousers, thus nothing that moves upwards. But then your pants need to sit well, otherwise they might drop if your phone is too heavy :D
  • kiay131982
    Options
    My other half runs and he gave up on belts because they always moved, rode up or bounced around. He uses a vest or a running backpack now - you can get some tighter fitting ones which will hold keys and phone and which won’t move around as much. Might be worth looking at?

Thankyou, its good to know its not just my mummy tummy pouch that causes them to ride up then!!! Will look at other options :)
  • kiay131982
    Options

Thankyou, its good to know its not just my mummy tummy pouch that causes them to ride up then!!! Will look at other options :)
  • kiay131982
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I don't know how big your phone is, but have a look at the buddy pouch. You hang it with magnets over the top of your trousers, thus nothing that moves upwards. But then your pants need to sit well, otherwise they might drop if your phone is too heavy :D

Im telling you know.... That would DEFINITELY happen to me........ Stood in the middle of the road in my pants.... 😂
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You could get a chest rig.
    They're made primarily for concealed carry or military, but I know that they do make them with normal pockets for phones and such.

0uldpzifgmcu.jpg

• yirara
    Options
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

Im telling you know.... That would DEFINITELY happen to me........ Stood in the middle of the road in my pants.... 😂

Haha, sorry! I only ever carried my keys (quite a few of them), an inhaler and a 20 pound note in mine. And my phone in my hand as I need to keep my pace lower for reason. So no idea. But yes, I figured that a belt would not work for me either. So I was happy with this.
  • yirara
    Options
    You could get a chest rig.
    They're made primarily for concealed carry or military, but I know that they do make them with normal pockets for phones and such.

0uldpzifgmcu.jpg

This might be rather problematic if you happen to have breasts to be honest. My breasts would certainly hurt after a run.