What have you cooked in the last 30-60 days

LidsnChains
LidsnChains Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2020 in Recipes
I'm continuing on my path to healthier living. I'm curious what did you cook again or try for the first time? Did you get creative with your cooking during the pandemic? I'd love to see what your doing to stay healthy and positive during these uncertain times. Pictures are appreciated!! :)

Replies

• sdee903
    sdee903 Posts: 9 Member
    I've really started enjoying vegetables more lately so I'm trying to eat them a lot more so a lot of my dishes have been mostly meat and veg, but made in a way that it hopefully won't get boring!
  • sdee903
    sdee903 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2020
    This is my first time tryint to uploae a photo but it's showing an error message. Anyone know why?
  • LidsnChains
    LidsnChains Posts: 8 Member
    Are you using any particular spices with your dishes?
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited April 2020
    We've been challenged during lockdown by limited fresh items, so it's been an interesting journey into canned-type items and other pantry stores for a variety of meals using what we've got. Some are posted under the "What Was the Last Meal You Cooked?" thread. Object is to maintain reasonably healthy eating under trying circumstances.

Spices and herbs: if I have them on hand, I'm using them to spruce up our meals. Generally falling into the Italian-European flavorings, Southwestern, Indian and Moroccan (Ras El Hanout).
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Lots of homemade bread (not necessarily low calorie but super yummy), plenty of roasted veggies and grilled chicken, shrimp, steak, and sausages, pork or chicken in the crock pot. Lots of taco/burrito anything. That seems the easiest since we can use any kind of meat (oftentimes leftover meats from previous meals) and each individual chooses fillings like rice, beans, lettuce, etc. and lots of yummy toppings like homemade salsa, corn salsa, SouthGeorgia Caviar, tomatillo salsa, avocado, cheese, sour cream etc!
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    low sugar sloppy joes without the bun p4k3i1kfqibu.jpeg