Eating rice broccoli and chicken to lose weight, but still gaining?

Hello, I'm eating rice broccoli and chicken, counting the portion sizes and calories but after 2 days it still says I'm gaining weight. I wanted to know is this an outlier and if I stay consistent with counting my calories and remaining in a caloric defecit will my body just naturally digest the food? Or does this mean I should stop this diet and try something else?

PS I have only been eating and measuring my calories for the past week. And my fitness pal is saying that I gained 3 pounds in 2 days.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    BTW, calorie deficit rules weight loss........always. It doesn’t matter what you eat. Nutrition is important to overall health though.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    If that's all you're allowed to eat on that diet. Than yes, you should stop.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Hello, I'm eating rice broccoli and chicken, counting the portion sizes and calories but after 2 days it still says I'm gaining weight. I wanted to know is this an outlier and if I stay consistent with counting my calories and remaining in a caloric defecit will my body just naturally digest the food? Or does this mean I should stop this diet and try something else?

PS I have only been eating and measuring my calories for the past week. And my fitness pal is saying that I gained 3 pounds in 2 days.

I'd highly recommend you stop following a bodybuilding cutting diet. To ensure properly nutrition, you should be eating a variety of foods and adequate calories to ensure you body is being nourished. Vitamin deficiencies can cause a host of issues.

Also, as others stated, start to measure results over several weeks to months.... not days.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    As people have noted, 2 days is nothing. Especially if you hadn't been in the habit of weighing yourself regularly, the starting weight could have been a lower weight day -- due to water weight fluctuations -- and people's water weigh changes all the time anyway. It could be related to starting exercise, variations in when you weighed, or (assuming you are a woman) water weight changes for hormonal reasons and you won't know your patterns until doing this for a while. Be patient and monitor results over the next few weeks.

Also, what are your goals and how many cals are you eating? How are you counting them? (And please tell me you are eating foods other than just chicken, rice, and broccoli.)