Fit, but not necessarily healthy

Options
pfprimo
pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
Hello, all. I retired from the Marine Corps about 10 years ago, and while I still run and stay physically active, my genetics have taken over and my weight ballooned. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and blood tests confirm that I am "pre-diabetic" - now taking my meds and seeing my doc regularly. So even though I can manage a 10k (and a couple half marathons past year or so), weight is still an issue with me as I'm hovering around clinically obese range at 213 pounds for my 5'9" frame. Good news is that since I've made some modifications to my diet, and with a slight uptick in exercise, I'm down 7 pounds the past 3 months. I have some more work to do, I know I can get down to a manageable 190 pounds this year. I got onto MFP based off reviews and I like that I can sync my workouts and health data with Garmin connect. I also like the challenges, which are especially fun given the current situation we face. I'm all about camaraderie, so I also enjoy the community aspect of MFP and look forward to learning from and sharing experiences with you all.
Cheers,
Paul

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi mate retired British forces here.
    You will clearly have the physical know how
    To loose the weight, will a few changes to diet will make the weight loss a lot easier