Birthday bike ride

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
I rode one of my favorite routes today. I couldn’t do that at 45 or 55 so maybe 65 isn’t so bad after all 🤣
lvvm1e2zkw2a.jpeg

Replies

• pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I always try to fit in a special run or bike ride on my birthday and on holidays throughout the year, it's just a fun thing.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Happy Birthday!
    My birthday is this week, too, but looks like it will be cold and rainy. If not, maybe I'll find a forest preserve that's open and go for a hike. Some of my usual hiking/biking spots are closed or too crowded.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, @lorrpb! What a great way to celebrate!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Well did kid!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Happiest of birthdays to you, Lorr! :):drinker:
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! It's never too late to turn back at least a few turns of the clock. You're on Puget Sound somewhere, I recall? Lovely area. Had family there, lived outside Seattle for a little while as a kid, 1970. A part of me never quite left.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday! It's never too late to turn back at least a few turns of the clock. You're on Puget Sound somewhere, I recall? Lovely area. Had family there, lived outside Seattle for a little while as a kid, 1970. A part of me never quite left.

Yes I’m on the west side of the Sound. Pic was taken ftom Manchester Dock. The ride was fro Port Orchard along Sinclair Inlet up to Manchester.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

Yes I’m on the west side of the Sound. Pic was taken ftom Manchester Dock. The ride was fro Port Orchard along Sinclair Inlet up to Manchester.

Family used to do beach rentals over on the Hood Canal close to there. "Miami Beach." It was fairly rugged in those days, as I remember (in the sense of not very developed). Snorkeling around, as a kid from the sandy NJ shore, I found my school major - oceanography, there. We were living in Auburn at the time.

I'll bet you've got lots of good riding opportunities in the area. Someday, I'll take a trip back. Last was mid-80s.