Exante and a newbie

Been lurking for ages trying to lose weight but I have taken a leap and giving exante a try. I am hoping to learn new things along the way. Hello to all and good luck on your journey

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2020
    "Exante Diet is a meal replacement weight management programme focusing on very low calorie diets, which typically consists of 800 kcal per day"

This is incredibly dangerous. It's also not sustainable and you will only end up crashing and regaining any weight you lose doing this diet.

1200 calories is the minimum for a sedentary female. The body will only start eating your lean muscle to compensate for the calories you arent eating.

You will experience fatigue, feel I'll, and potentially also lose your hair, have bad skin, and end up with major damage to your vital organs, including heart, liver and kidneys

All you need to lose weight is to eat the calories mfp gives you when you sign up. Being skinny isnt worth it if your bald and sick.

It's also not worth the effort if you end up starving and regaining because you cant starve yourself for the rest of your life.

• kentcyprus
    kentcyprus Posts: 31 Member
    I am doing the 5:2 style of diet .
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    kentcyprus wrote: »
    I am doing the 5:2 style of diet .

It's still not healthy to drop below 1200 calories a day.
  • leahcollett
    leahcollett Posts: 6 Member
    Hey im doing exante 1200 a day.. which means meal replacement for brekkie and lunch.. followed by a low carb meal. And a healthy snack they encourage.. so far so good