Any weight-loss tips for petites?

Options
Hey my dudes, so.. I’ve been troubling losing weight.. I’m 21 years old, female, 5’2 (157 in cm) my bmr is only like 1200 or something and I’ve been eating 1200-1300 cals per day straight for 2 weeks and seems like I’m not losing any weight 😞 i live a sedentary life, and nope.. please no recommendations about weight lifting for now, i just wanna lose 5 more pounds to make my arms and waist look slimmer. It’s super duper hard for us to lose weight, tips would be great 👍🏻

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight, and how long have you been trying ?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'', my bmr is similar. Continue to eat 1,200, which is about 1/2 pound a week when sedentary. It's gonna come off slowly, my biggest advice is to remain patient and work on practicing good habits so you don't have to go through it again later from returning to old habits.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    Jin_tan wrote: »
    Hey my dudes, so.. I’ve been troubling losing weight.. I’m 21 years old, female, 5’2 (157 in cm) my bmr is only like 1200 or something and I’ve been eating 1200-1300 cals per day straight for 2 weeks and seems like I’m not losing any weight 😞 i live a sedentary life, and nope.. please no recommendations about weight lifting for now, i just wanna lose 5 more pounds to make my arms and waist look slimmer. It’s super duper hard for us to lose weight, tips would be great 👍🏻

At 21, presumably you're still in your fertile years, i.e., having menstrual periods (even if they're somewhat hidden by birth control pills or something).

Two weeks is not long enough to know whether you're losing weight, or not. Water weight fluctuations from hormonal changes, a standard thing in premenopausal women, are big enough to obscure fat loss on the scale for that amount of time. You need to compare the same day in two different menstrual cycles, at least. (And there are other possible reasons why fat loss might not show up on the scale for anyone, in only two weeks.)

This is a good read:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

I agree with others that exercise will give you more calories to eat, and also have positive effects on your appearance in the longer run (probably bigger positive effects than losing 5 pounds, frankly). Strength training would be particularly useful in that regard. If you're fearing that would give you big bulky muscles, don't. That doesn't happen overnight for anyone, and it especially doesn't happen for women, without many months and years of very intentional hard work to achieve it, potentially supplemented with dangerous illegal drugs.