Logging kettlebell workouts

castadiva
castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
Jut wondering if anyone has figured out a way to log kettlebell workouts? I’m doing classes via a livestream but haven’t been able to find anything in the database that really fits this category. I’ve been logging as half strength and half light-effort calisthenics as the best compromise I could come up with, but would love something a bit more specific.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    castadiva wrote: »
    Jut wondering if anyone has figured out a way to log kettlebell workouts? I’m doing classes via a livestream but haven’t been able to find anything in the database that really fits this category. I’ve been logging as half strength and half light-effort calisthenics as the best compromise I could come up with, but would love something a bit more specific.

Why? Continue doing what you are currently doing. If your real results jive with the data you're putting in, it's right. If you find your results are off, by a lot or a little, adjust accordingly. Calorie burn is an estimate at best, possibly just a guess.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    edited April 2020
    Exercise logging is based on the type of activity you do rather than the tool used. Doesn’t really matter whether you’re using a kettlebell or dumbbell or jug of water. The way you’re logging is just fine. You could also consider using the entry for circuit training.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Yeah, what they said. ^^

Exercise calories can only really be dialed in by you.

What I did after agonizing over it in the first year is - I just use a flat 300 calories per hour of moderate exercise. It has always worked, and it's easy. I'm sure some days when I use 300 I'm over-estimating and some days I'm under-estimating. Doesn't matter. Close is good enough for me. It's more important to me that I GET that hour of exercise, and the little bit of extra food is nice.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Fair enough - I just wondered if there was a better solution that anyone had found.