Women - how much weight for arms?

I've been stuck using 15 lbs. weights for curls and can't seem to move up. I am 5'6", 115 lbs. and would like my arms to be toned but not bulky. Is 30 reps enough for a workout or should I aim for more? Or should I do sets of 5-6 with 20 lbs.?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Your asking a question that is highly individualized. That without any training history to go off of.

If you want to move up in weight as a long term goal, then incorporate one of the means of progressive overload appropriate to your programming.

If you want useful possible soultions, you are going to have to post more data on your training and history of how you responded. Otherwise you are going to get random answers from strangers that more than likely won't be helpful to you as a individual.
  • BlueRidge10111
    BlueRidge10111 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you, steveko89!! That is really helpful. I'm going to start incorporating the double progression.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    This is kind of a weird question. Are you only doing curls? Imo, 15lb is really heavy for curls, but not for other lifts.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Yes, what else are you doing for arms? Curls are minor for
    Me but tend to take a long time for me to progress. I will do 3x10@15lbs for curls, 3x10@20 for hammer curls, but would curl a 45lb bar for 3x8
  • NeahF
    NeahF Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2020

I do 3 sets of 8 for curls and hammer curls. Reverse curls, too. I personally do 25 lbs on a good day. Barbell curls are great, too.