Menu planning

Options
dreamer12151
dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
edited April 2020 in Food and Nutrition
I've been struggling with my food...a lot. I have gained a good portion of my weight back, and I need to get things under some kind of control again. I can't just go back to my earliest menu logs here, as even though I lost weight, they are not the best quality food choices, and I no longer eat meat or most dairy, not to mention when I DO go back, I can't see anything listed! My other problem, I live with my partner (an omni) and his 2 teenage sons stay with us part time, so there has to be stuff here for them to eat (read: junk food, chips, etc) and I am the one who has to make the meals. Plus, the quatantine...

I recalled there is a website "Eat this Much" that I logged back into, plugged in my preferences and have been using that to generate some daily meal plans which I've been compiling & making my own weekly meal plan.

Has anyone else used this site (along w/MFP) and if so, what have been your results?

Replies

• nhawduran
    nhawduran Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Going to take a look now!
  • nhawduran
    Options
    Looks great for brainstorming!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    It's still going to be about calories.

Are you still logging food every day? I think that is where the answers lie.

As far as the kids and the SO's food, the snacky stuff...can you put it in a particular cupboard or storage place and tell yourself that it is, "Not mine." I don't eat food that doesn't belong to me. That works just about everywhere, at work, at school, at a party, etc. Now with this whole virus thing I can go all Howie Mandel and refuse to touch anything I didn't make myself. :)
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have a "Weekly menu" template that I have saved from when I was seeing a nutritionist when I was working (a few years ago). I have been going through every day & generating a menu & typing it in my plan, then typing out the recipes onto another Word Doc. Right now it is a basic idea, I know I'll have to add some things to it, as I'll be running some of those days, so I'll need more cals, etc. but it is a good jumping point.

Some of the stuff is easy to "Not Touch", such as the spicy, BBQ, or meat related. However, they love the little sweet snack stuff (Little Debbie) and they are just so easy to grab as you walk by. I really have to work on self discipline.

No, I haven't been logging my food for a while. I was trying to break myself of the habit when I was doing better, then I changed my eating, and things started going hay-wire. I know I need to get down to basics and start logging again. I know the nutrition is where I struggle the most.
  • nhawduran
    Options
    Definitely put the Little Debbies out of sight! Plus, do the kids really need them? Any way you could talk the partner and teens into trying to make their own snacks instead? Even homemade Little Debbies would be a step in the right direction. And people tend to eat less when they have to make it to eat it. I know that can be a tough sell...