Starting keto looking for keto friends

Options
keto starts today

I’ve resisted keto for a long time. I thought there was no way I could live without carbs. But I’ve been off gluten for almost four weeks trying to improve my health and I survived, actually it wasn’t that hard. So I thought I’m already halfway there might as well go all into keto and give it a try.

Looking for keto friends to look up to and learn from.

HW 220 CW 206 GW 130
31 yo
Female
SAHM
Idaho

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in going gluten free for an allergy, and going keto just because.

You're welcome to do any diet you choose but remember that if you find at any point you're struggling, you can lose the same amount of weight eating carbs.
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Actually I've lost more weight low carb than any other diet. If I can find safty rails for this wagon I keep falling off I'll be set. I need all the support and motivation I can get I'll send you a friend request
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    labreemike wrote: »
    Actually I've lost more weight low carb than any other diet. If I can find safty rails for this wagon I keep falling off I'll be set. I need all the support and motivation I can get I'll send you a friend request

All diets work the same way.. you lose weight because you eat less calories.

If you keep falling off the wagon, indentfy why that is. And I mean really dig down to the core, anyone can say they just lose motivation, but there may actually be a reason for the loss of motivation, especially since you've said low carb has given you the best results so far.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been keto for many years - lazy keto and some meds has resulted in weight gain for me over the past year and a half though, but I'm back on the horse! Please add me - looking for fellow keto people on my feed!