What food products did you forget about but recently rediscover?

Options
pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited April 2020 in Food and Nutrition
Growing up I LOVED the Oreo cookie 100-calorie packs. Recently bought for the first time in YEARS, which got me thinking: why don't I buy these more often? Some others that come to mind... Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Kashi oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies, Snyder's pretzel rods...

608hcwbe4amf.jpg

I'm curious: what are some products you used to be obsessed with, forgot about and recently rediscovered?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had my first pepperoni Hot Pocket for the first time in at least a decade and it was pretty freaking yum.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I had my first pepperoni Hot Pocket for the first time in at least a decade and it was pretty freaking yum.

that's another one I forgot about/haven't had in ages!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    rwu5d6uh09ub.jpg

ooo! Also these...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I haven't exactly forgotten, but I haven't had any of these in the house for a while . . . because reasons. ;)

new-taco.png
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I’ll never forget dunkaroos❤️ I hear they are back but that’s just danger waiting to happen 😂😂 I also bought some Cheeze-ITZ for the first time in YEARS AND OMG YUM zx6q1esawn1y.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    I’ll never forget dunkaroos❤️ I hear they are back but that’s just danger waiting to happen 😂😂 I also bought some Cheeze-ITZ for the first time in YEARS AND OMG YUM zx6q1esawn1y.jpeg

Yes to cheez its! And goldfish... I find myself craving these ALL THE TIME but haven't actually had in years. the best!
  • alexmose
    Options

Yes to cheez its! And goldfish... I find myself craving these ALL THE TIME but haven't actually had in years. the best!

So when I want something more cheesy, i go to Cheez itz. When i want something still cheesy but more salty, my go to was goldfish. but did you ever have the VANILLA CUPCAKE goldfish???
  • pancakerunner
    Options

So when I want something more cheesy, i go to Cheez itz. When i want something still cheesy but more salty, my go to was goldfish. but did you ever have the VANILLA CUPCAKE goldfish???

Honestly I wasn;t too hung up on the vanilla cupcake! Of the sweet flavors I remember liking the fudge brownie.
  • alexmose
    Options

Honestly I wasn;t too hung up on the vanilla cupcake! Of the sweet flavors I remember liking the fudge brownie.

I never saw such a thing on the East coast!
  • pancakerunner
    Options

they also have s'mores!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    fd7c6c4798e95f0a3ee3901e4767cb80_large.png
    These
    and these
    32631704004_Mini_ChcDrzl_120g_Fre.png

I used to eat these all the time- the ones with the vanilla drizzle as well but I dont remember what that was. I asked Hubs to get some on his last covid shop run but there was 0 rice cakes of any kind :s
  • alexmose
    Options

they also have s'mores!

🤯
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

My favorite!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    okay yikes... a couple more to add. Recently purchased some canned baked beans. Forgot how much i love them.

9ml53n6tbaxv.jpg

also, flatout wraps + pizza sauce + pepperoni + cheese. use to be a staple in my diet!
    ptypu5vl1bjo.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    gmiyleletd8o.jpg

the GOAT!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Corn tortillas. I haven't had them in a while and completely forgot how delicious they can be. One weird thing I do is spread a bit of butter and parmesan on them and stick them in the microwave for like 45 seconds.

Also, a basic food I just weirdly forgot about - honey. Been really enjoying it on toast recently.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    The wasabi mayonnaise I used to buy in Amsterdam but can't find in London. Found an online shop that carries it. The wasabi is not uniformly distributed in this brand. There are little granules of wasabi taste explosion.

cj3oujvgtc9g.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Corn tortillas. I haven't had them in a while and completely forgot how delicious they can be. One weird thing I do is spread a bit of butter and parmesan on them and stick them in the microwave for like 45 seconds.

Also, a basic food I just weirdly forgot about - honey. Been really enjoying it on toast recently.

I do this too! And corn tortillas + butter + sugar (like lefse kind of)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a Magnum Almond for many years, for good reason. Now with the lockdown, hubby bought a sickpack of them, but they don't taste like they used to. The icecream is not so firm anymore, more like an italian gelato.
    I used to have them 10 minutes out of the freezer before eating them, now I have to hurry or they will melt.
    And my freezer is colder now than my old one, so that cannot be the reason.
    Anyone else experienced this?

tkg5efnk8k08.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. I like them. I was on a chia seed kick a few months ago, and there is still a half full package in my freezer. I just kind of forgot about it. Yesterday, out of nowhere, I decided to add a spoonful to my milk tea to make faux bubble tea. I woke up this morning and my first thought was "I'm going to make this again this evening".

Something I haven't had in a while: pizza. This is how it usually is for me, though. I eat it, stop thinking about it, then remember it again several weeks or months later.