Intermittent fasting vs calorie counting for women

Options
13»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,422 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I started IF (24/5) 16:8 along with logging calories in the app (keeping a little deficit) and working out cardio for Atleast 40min a day.
    I did 6 days IF 16:8 & 1 day 14:10. I have only lost 1 pound so far. Any recommendations or comments as I read people loose 2-5 pounds a week on IF....

What AnnP wrote. Losing 2lbs per week requires you to eat 7000 calories less per week, or 1000 per day. Most people, especially those that don't have much to lose can't do that.
    Losing 5lbs per week would mean eating 17500 calories less per week, or 2500 less per day. To still get kind of proper nutrition, your energy needs per day would need to be at least 4000 calories per day.

I ran some numbers for you, assuming you're female, 170cm and 40 years old. In order to get a natural calorie burn of 4000 calories per day you'd need to be about 580lbs. I'm not kidding. Does that sound anywhere like you?

Another assumption, if you think you could do this via sports. Lets again assume you're 170cm tall, female, 40 years old and 200lbs. It's a nice number. Then you'd have to eat 1974 calories each day to neither gain nor lose weight. To get your 2500 calorie deficit, you'd need to burn 2500 by means of sport each day. You see where this is going, right? Lets use running and weight x distance x 0.64. So you'd need to run 20 miles every single day. If you don't like running but prefer walking then you'd need to walk 42 miles every day. Is that realistic you think?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Makes a difference for me! When I get up I dont even think about food, the easiest time of day for me to skip breakfast and use the calories I would normally have eaten and add them to my dinner instead that way I can have abit extra and fill me for longer. Before when I ate breakfast i swear it made me feel so hungry afterwards i have no idea why! I was literally hungry all day. I am coping so well now with just 2x meals a day. Less hungrier, less cravings.