Workout ‘snacks’

Options
i did workout "snacks" today. 40 mins of chest/abs, break for lunch, 30 mins shoulders/abs, 40 min walk, 15 min bicep/tricep....so my usual upper minus back.....might still get back in but its been achy :( has anyone else done workout "snacks"?? get any good results from it vs straight set training?

I know with quarantine, anything goes but curious about others’ experiences.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it lately while working from home. One set of band exercise, work for 20 minutes, another set, work, rinse and repeat.

I don't expect "good results". I'm just hoping to maintain until the gyms open again.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it lately while working from home. One set of band exercise, work for 20 minutes, another set, work, rinse and repeat.

I don't expect "good results". I'm just hoping to maintain until the gyms open again.

Ah I should have clarified! Maintence is certainly name of the game at this point.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What are workout snacks? Like little bits through the day? I've never heard that term I thought it was going to be about the snacks we eat while we workout (yum candy!) :)

I do it all the time especially with a baby and interruptions from the kids.
    I do prefer straight training though but at the end of the day we do what we can do. I try to complete the sets if I can.. hip thrust sets, break. Overhead press, break. Deadlifts, break. Accessories later in the day. It's frustrating. My results are ok/mediocre but there are other factors involved I'm sure.

Today I did it because I was so tired. I even broke up my accessories. Yes end of the day, at least it was done. Sigh* tomorrow is rest day and I’m grateful for that.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'd consider 40 min more of a complete workout than a snack though 🤷
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'd consider 40 min more of a complete workout than a snack though 🤷

Haha yea me too my sessions are about 45 min total (but can take hours spread throughout the day)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ditto. My weight training sessions are normally only ~30 minutes long. (pretty much no accessory work).
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about something different. I’ve never tried this before but I might.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Awwww I clicked on this thinking we were going to debate the merits of jelly babies vs fruit pastilles as workout snacks 😟 (obviously jelly babies win)
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I call it Intermittent Interval Strength Training. I do a set or two every hour or so. I'm way to busy to go to the gym everyday. Before Covid 3x to the gym in a week was the exception. Generally the best I could do was 2x so I did what I could. However I found this has worked out really well! Everyday pushups squats pullovers and other exercises mixed in, sprinkled throughout the day.