Keto Sweets

LexyLosing313
LexyLosing313 Posts: 7 Member
Anyone have recipes for keto cookies or cakes???

Replies

• Christinelyons3
    Christinelyons3 Posts: 1 Member
    There are so many on Pinterest. I am into fatbombs and cloud bread. All my recipes are from Pinterest. Some are really good.

Good luck!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Yes, it's easy to find them on Pinterest. In fact, I have an entire board dedicated to keto & low carb sweet treats. How long have you been doing keto?
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    edited April 2020
    75 keto cookie recipes. have only tried the oreos so far, weren’t as pretty looking as theirs but, was pretty good. https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/30-best-low-carb-cookie-recipes-gluten-free/
  • LexyLosing313
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Yes, it's easy to find them on Pinterest. In fact, I have an entire board dedicated to keto & low carb sweet treats. How long have you been doing keto?

4 weeks. I'm failing miserably.
  • MistressPi

how so? We're here to help. :)
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member

How are you failing? Are you not losing? You may be eating too many calories.
  • LexyLosing313
    edited April 2020
    @hexxennacht @MistressPi I haven't been sticking to the diet like I should. I give into temptations too easily and begin a spiral of binge eating.
  • MistressPi
    It's best to avoid all sweets until you've got a few solid weeks of on-plan eating done. Just sticking to protein, fat, salads and low carb vegetables. Avoid bread substitutes like low carb wraps and tortillas. There are many resources and tips on how to make this diet successful in the Low Carb Daily Forum (a private group here on MFP - send a PM to one of the mods,

baconslave

to join). Focus on the present. Each meal is a choice. If you lapse, forgive yourself and move on. Make your very next choice a good one. If you think you might have an eating disorder, it might help to discuss it with a mental health care professional.

Many people on this diet find that after a sticking with it a bit they lose all cravings for sweets, or that it can be satisfied as simply as, for example, a handful of berries and a bit of cheese. Remember, it's not about motivation - it's about discipline. You can do it.
  • LexyLosing313
    It's best to avoid all sweets until you've got a few solid weeks of on-plan eating done. Just sticking to protein, fat, salads and low carb vegetables. Avoid bread substitutes like low carb wraps and tortillas. There are many resources and tips on how to make this diet successful in the Low Carb Daily Forum (a private group here on MFP - send a PM to one of the mods,

baconslave

to join). Focus on the present. Each meal is a choice. If you lapse, forgive yourself and move on. Make your very next choice a good one. If you think you might have an eating disorder, it might help to discuss it with a mental health care professional.

Many people on this diet find that after a sticking with it a bit they lose all cravings for sweets, or that it can be satisfied as simply as, for example, a handful of berries and a bit of cheese. Remember, it's not about motivation - it's about discipline. You can do it.

Thank you
  • kmiller2350
    kmiller2350 Posts: 43 Member
    I really enjoy the Nutty Shortbread Cookie from the Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners, by Amy Ramos. I swapped out hazelnuts for almonds and love them. I'd eat them even if I wasn't on a Keto diet, they're that good.

Actually, that book was my bible the first 2-3 weeks on Keto. I read it from cover to cover. The Keto granola from there is good, and the almond butter fudge. (Really easy to make your own almond butter, too.)

I have been doing Keto four months now. The first two weeks were hard; I wish I knew more about Keto before I started. simple things like counting net carbs. It would have saved me some frustration, but I was determined and it's paying off. I feel better and have more energy to walk and do things, which results in more calories burned.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Check out https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/. Not everything there is keto-friendly, but quite a bit is.