Sedentary or lightly active?!

Options
Hey dudes..
so I’m confused in some stuffs, am I lightly active or completely sedentary?
I walk 10,000 steps every weekdays and afterwards, the rest of my time would be spent sitting all day, light goofing around or using my phone. (Thanks to quarantine) I don’t do any exercise so yeah.
Oh and on the weekends, (Saturday and sunday) i do nothing at all.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Agree with tinkerbell.

I would pick Active, then I would track food for a month and see how you do. I've found through meticulous logging that 10,000 steps bumps me up two levels of calories from Sedentary.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    depends on whether indoors or outdoors and type of steps and whether you count them as a separate exercise or are lumping them in your general activity level.

And it depends on whether this is exactly 10K on your wrist based tracker, or if it is 10K on your phone, or if it tends to be 11 or 12k most days.

And it depends on what exactly is zero on saturday and sunday.

If your SEVEN day average exceeds 7,500 per day and you don't log any of these steps as additional exercise then I would start at ACTIVE, and evaluate my calories in vs calories out vs weight trend results after 4 to 6 weeks.

eating to a seven day average when some days are considerably more active than the rest would be banking calories on your active days to use during your less active days.
  • Jelly_Belly_Jim
    Jelly_Belly_Jim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’d select lightly active in your scenario