Help me pick a dress for my reunion !!

Options

Replies

• 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    2, 4 and 5 are lovely!

^^ This!! And SPANX can suck a lot in, no worries for whale bone corsets.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    two!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I really like the way #2 looks on you. :)

Enjoy your night and knock em dead!
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    In my opinion... all the dresses are too similar. All of these Dresses are a box, and the exact same knee length. Personally, I think you would look really nice in a Dress with a fitted waist, not the 'right under the bust' line but a actual waist; And perhaps a flowing skirt rather than a pencil.

For pattern, The darker colors or ones with a dark background (such as: 5 & 3) bring out the color in your face and hair. The lower bust line of 5 and 4 make you look younger. I really like the pattern of 1, but the neck shape causes a bulge by the arms taking away from your curves, and thus is overall my least favorite. The 'tie' under the bust of number 4 seams unflattering to me, then again I think I'm bias into not liking them. Also, the pale yellow of number 4 seams to wash the color out of your face to me.

That being said, 5 is the best, good color and good shape, the low bust helps give you a youthful look; however, you said that one is too small.

So In my opinion I would say go with number 2. The reason I say this is the black neck helps draw attention to your face. While the neck line doesn't' show any bust it gives a good shape to you. Overall it has enough black to give you a decent color, and the shape favors showing your waist. I would try accessorizing it with a nice black belt or sash, this will define your waist and add a little more 'dark' . Its pattern is very pretty, without being overly loud.

~ I realize after I'm typing this that some things might seam a bit critical. I do not mean to be, and I'm sorry if anything seams offensive. Just giving my reasons not just a opinion as to what I feel would flatter you the most, because lets face it... You want to impress your old high school!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    2 or 5
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Def #2
  • doodledaze
    doodledaze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like two the best! Congratulations on your awesome accomplishment!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    #2 and #4 I think are the most flattering on you. Congratulations on your loss, and have fun wowing people at your reunion!!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    2 or 4

Agreed!

^^^^ Yep!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    #5 is doing some amazing things for your curves, and the color is flattering on you as well.
    If it is uncomfortable, #4 is a close runner up.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    #4 for sure!!! :)
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like #2 and #5...definitely try #5 with some spanx

^^^^This
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority here! #2 for the win!!

Also love #5, but definitely save that for when you feel comfortable! Don't suffer through Spanx all night!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    4 and 5. I love the heels! Where did you get them? P.S. You will look great!
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    #4 gives you the best shape style. Love it!!!

If you go with #4 maybe different shoes

edited: I love the shoes, but I think another pair would look better with dress numer 4
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Two or five. I do like them all though. Have fun! My 40th is in 2 years! I am hoping to be at my goal by then.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My vote is #2
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My vote is #2