Weights, reps etc

Options
Hi Guys and Girls...

I have been MIA from the forums for a while (and MFP in general)...

I have however put on weight also.. :(

SO! I am ready to get back into it.. signing up to a new gym tomorrow and wanting to know how many reps do you suggest to do on the weights?

Weight training has always been really confusing to me so I would appreciate your help :)

Replies

• UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 8-10 reps. Weight to be comfortable on the first outing so you do not suffer a severe case of DOMS and then be out for a week and damper your mojo.

If you can do 10 reps without struggling or failure on the last one then you can do 10 more. If condition exists then 10 more and log the weight for the next occasion. If not, which is ok, then you know your limit.

Whole body is good to start out. That is you do your entire major muscle group the first day. Pecs, bicep, tricep, lats, quads, hamstring, glute, calves,etc. You will have plenty of strength your first day so it is a good one to try everything. You will be sore the next so that can be a cardio day.

Start with the machines at first before using free weights.

Maximum 90seconds rest between sets.

Walk for 30minutes afterwards if time allows and drink water plenty of water. Will flush lactic acid buildup from your muscles.
  • misspancakes
    misspancakes Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I will see how I go :)
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Worked for the ladies at work we have been coming with me to the gym for 9 weeks now.