Ultimate Accountability Challenge, "UAC", May 2020

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
yl30v1hhas8y.jpg

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
Join us now at this link
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136579-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2020

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    May will be my ninth month with the UAC challenge. I went from obese to normal last year and have been maintaining for seven months. I believe I would have gained the weight back without this challenge. Very helpful whether you want to lose weight or maintain.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in UAC, one of the best accountability challenges on MFP.

Develop positive solid habits which will last a lifetime, in an atmosphere of caring support, ably led by @RangerRickL

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,386 Member
    Options
    I was a former UAC member who gave full credit to this community for helping me first arrive at my goal weight ~ a year ago. Then I made the mistake of stepping away for a while .... all went reasonably well until .... a "sloppy maintenance habits" slide just out the top of my chosen maintenance range over Dec-Feb (not by much but enough to potentially turn into a bad-case-trend if I continued to ignore the implications)

I spent March back here with UAC re-dedicated to paying attention to what I was doing .... and that was all it took to reverse the trend.

April has slowed down the loss - and I am spending May (if not longer) inching the daily calories back up to find that sweet-spot balance point of maintenance CICO while The World is conspiring against the CO side of the equation right now.

UAC is a wonderful, supportive virtual community from all over the world - with a wealth of combined knowledge from all points on the "successfully lose-gain-maintain" spectrum. The accountability "rules" suit the discovery and maintenance of healthy long-term lifestyle resets no matter WHAT your personal point on your own journey / chosen nutrition plan / preferred intentional exercise option.

We hope to see you there. The link to join us is

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136579-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2020

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,562 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    There are times when I am not successful in my own mind but I know my fellow UAC team mates do not judge and help keep me focused so many of them give positive posts each day this is what keeps me motivated and committed to this challenge.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful for the UAC. I am the “there’s always tomorrow” type. I tend to gain and lose the same 30-50 pounds every 2 years. I usually don’t try to start losing until spring (about May) and continue through September. I then spend all fall and winter hibernating with comfort foods. Not this year! I joined the UAC in January and am happy to report that I did not gain all of my winter weight. If fact, I am lower now than I’ve been for quite some time. Almost to a normal weight according to BMI charts. I have used 3 pass days this month. If I get another, I won’t make the winner’s circle but I will only have about 4 and not 30. With each month, I get closer to the winner’s circle but more than that, the warmth and encouragement of this group has helped me to consistently eat well, track what I eat and drink, exercise at least 20 minutes a day, and lose weight. I now see why I’ve yo-yo’d so much. I am so happy I found this group.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Back in it again! This will be my 17th month in a row doing this challenge. One of the best on MFP! If you want a challenge that will keep you accountable and motivated every day, this is it!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    This works! Come and join us, you will be rewarded with happiness and good health, no weigh in, you will get to enjoy exercise, I saved money not buying bigger clothes! You will not be ridiculed if you don't make it to the winners circle, I have used my 3 passes this month, will I make it to the winners circle? Lovely group of people, come in and say as much or as little as you like!
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am a relatively new member of the UAC. I would like to thank UAC and our fearless leader @RangerRickL for all the inspiration, perspiration and motivation it provides to the community.
    The three simple but key rules of the UAC are the basic ingredients to success added to a little dedication and determination.
    Take that first step and try it. It works IN ANY PROGRAM whether you are trying to lose, maintain, gain weight or just trying to stay fit and healthy! 😬
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing group that truly helps you create long-term habits that stick. I honestly would not be making it through this time in the world without gaining weight if it weren't for the UAC. For example, I have three passes this month and am trying to make the winner's circle so can't have any more. After having a large lunch today I was over on calories so I went for a 90 minute walk to offset and get back under. I'd encourage you to join this group so that you can get the encouraging support to stay on track!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks to @fatbambi2017; @nodm;
    and @cjane917
    Please join us for the May edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge
    You will find the link in several of the above posts
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge "UAC" is great for those who want to make a healthy change in their lives. It's also a fine team for those who want maintenance accountability partners. Read the testimonials above.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    See the great testimonials above
    Join us for the May 2020 challenge
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great group of people all working together to eat well and exercise. I was originally intimidated by the daily exercise when I joined back in January. However, realize it can be as simple as dancing in your living room for 20 minutes.
    Thanks @RangerRickL
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @saltypickle
    You are welcome!!
    Bring your dancing self back to the May UAC Team!!
    Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Please read the strand above!

This group can change your life - truly!

Joined 2 years ago
    Lost final 20 lbs of 71
    Maintained for 18 months. BMI in 23’s

It works!

See link above!