Avg daily steps that can be done in a day in a house

Options
Ok so i am sheilding as i have a kidney transplant. Iam also a nurse at my local hospice so as i cant be at work i am thinking of setting myself a challenge to raise money for them.
What is the avg daily steps that can be done in a house realistically.
As i still have some work to do from home and home schooling.
I am not allowed to leave the house as part of the sheilding advice and do not have a tred mill
I am 39 years old usually attended gym x3 a week for hr session but cardio is my weak spot

Thank you in advance

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big your house is, what size the garden is.

Why not just try and have a relatively active day around the house and whatever outdoor area you have and see what numbers you come up with.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats going to vary by person/size of house and yard, etc. I would track your numbers for a few days grab the average from that and then challenge yourself to keep increasing 1000, 2000, etc.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Any amount you set your mind to.
    I'm on light duty at work due to pregnancy, so I'm confined to a small room, maybe 10 ft by 10 ft, if that, and a bathroom. I set a timer on my computer and every 30 minutes, I stand up and pace my little workspace for 6 minutes.
    You could easily change this to an hour, two hours, whatever is reasonable. But with how I've set it up for myself, I easily hit 11k-13k steps in a 12 hour work shift.
    I know I don't have to, but I went from walking all day to sitting and doing nothing, and I hate it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I just march in place while watching YouTube or Netflix 🤷
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,614 Member
    Options
    I've gone as high as 30,000 but my legs were fried! Right now with the gym closed I'm doing a lot of YouTube videos, I'm usually over 10,000 after working out around lunch and end up between 15,000-20,000. Over 20,000 I'm dancing and marching in place with the laptop on the kitchen counter, marching in place watching TV, dancing while cooking, you get the picture, basically constantly moving. Had to dial it back a bit to rest!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Try some Leslie Sansome walk at home videos or similar. She has some that get at least 3 miles, maybe more, or repeat.