Would like to start off right

Options
Hey, my name is Wendy. I work stuck in a chair staring at a computer all day. Hardly have time to go workout as I’m at work or getting things around the house done. I have tried getting back on shape for several years now but after a few weeks I give up. I cannot seem to focus and stay on track. I’m not sure how to motivate myself I have downloaded MFP several times and always end up tired and deleting it.

What do you do to keep motivated?

Replies

• gettingto65
    gettingto65 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I related to that whole intro. I only (re)joined MFP yesterday so am looking for these tips myself though.
    One thing I’ve started doing is having my goal weight number as my phone background so it’s a little reminder of my goal every time I open my phone so it’s always present in my mind. I find it helpful so far!
  • wendy7497
    wendy7497 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I related to that whole intro. I only (re)joined MFP yesterday so am looking for these tips myself though.
    One thing I’ve started doing is having my goal weight number as my phone background so it’s a little reminder of my goal every time I open my phone so it’s always present in my mind. I find it helpful so far!
    Yes you are totally right! Now a days we look at our phones so often it does help to have that as a small reminder. I tried a picture that said something like it takes 1 month for you to see it, it takes 2 months for your friends to see it and it said something else I just forgot. That really helped me for awhile. Thank you I had totally forgotten about that. I’ll do it again! :)
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Set mini short term goals and achieve them.

Things like stay in my calorie target for the week or month.
    Exercise everyday.
    Hit my protein target.
    Log every day.
    etc.