Garmin Connect issue with MFP

Options
Hey folks, I had switched to a Garmin tracker, the Instinct. When I go to connect MFP to Garmin Connect it takes me to the Garmin website and wants me to log in. I do that, and it shows me a dashboard that has my MFP daily calorie goal, but doesnt show an updated calorie amount as I enter my food into MFP.

On my Connect app it also shows my MFP section with daily calorie amount, but again doesn't update as I add food. Sync away, no difference.

I'd like this to all be working together. I had a Garmin product years ago and dont remember this being an issue. Any ideas on what the snag is?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    There is a known issue on the fact that Garmin changed their landing page for initial Sync and appears to not have told MFP about it.

Once connected though no known issues.

So your website access to GC under Calories In/Out does show a link to Sync Now?
    And the MFP side under Apps does indicate it thinks you are synced with Garmin account?

Then check MFP app settings for Step Source - should be Garmin.
    This tells MFP to use the synced account when the data is sent from Garmin.

But I never tested if it also allows the food totals to go back to Garmin, I don't use the app.

If the step source was already at Garmin - change it to not using it.
    Sometimes making the option match what is occurring - and then putting it back to the desired option - works.

If that doesn't work, you probably saw on GC under Calories In/Out the link to Disconnect - do that.
    Then on MFP side, find that App listing for Garmin saying connected - and disconnect.

Now run through setup again.
    Suggest confirming the apps show that is disconnected correctly - but set it up again using website accounts.