Brooks PureCadance 1 v. 2

Options
Any Brooks PureCadence runners? I bought the pair of PureCadences that I have and love on clearance at DSW, just a lucky find. Now, they're discontinued and replaced with PureCadence 2's that from all the reviews I've read, are a serious downgrade. This shoe is perfect and awesome. Anyone have any recommendations for what to do next?

I have a great running store and have been fitted, I also run in Adrenalines, which are also perfect, but different. I'm just looking to replace this specific shoe. I'll probably just end up switching back to the Adrenalines full time if I can't find a good replacement.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Scour all the shoe store websites for clearance 1s. That's what I did. I ended up buying a pair in store at a Finish Line after seeing the clearance online. Otherwise, try on the 2 and see what you think. I was thinking about going back to the Trance, but I have 10s, so I'm worried about the changes. I do really love my Pure Cadences.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Scour all the shoe store websites for clearance 1s. That's what I did. I ended up buying a pair in store at a Finish Line after seeing the clearance online. Otherwise, try on the 2 and see what you think. I was thinking about going back to the Trance, but I have 10s, so I'm worried about the changes. I do really love my Pure Cadences.

Good idea. I'm going to try that now.

WHYYYYYY do they have to discontinue my perfect shoes????
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Follow up question....I found them in girl's sizes in a size that will fit....but are girl's shoes the same shoes or are there differences?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There might be a difference, but I don't know. I didn't know they made them in kid sizes, I guess. Check the return policy, get them and try them out. As long as you don't do a lot in them, they should be returnable.