Back on the Horse in the UK!

Options
Hello!!

So I'm back!

Based in Yorkshire and looking for folk on here to chat about ideas food wise and exercise wise I guess, especially folk from the UK or Europe living in roughly the same time zone!!

It would also be good to just chat and b!tch and moan about life and lockdown too and have a bit of a laugh along the way and support each other. I know I've got terrible cabin fever at the moment :disappointed:

I've just bought an Apple watch so I'd like to get most use out of that if anyone is an expert and could give me some hints :smiley: I don't mind sharing my diary with friends if that's your thing and that's the setting I've got it on now.

Bit about me, well I'm currently 44 yo, I am an active scuba diver, instructor and diving officer of my local scuba club. I'm 22 stone so have a long way to go to my target of 17 stone to start with. I work in the railway for one of the train operating companies and I do a desk job, so pretty lazy work life I'm afraid.

I'm Married with two teenage kids. I've a terrible sense of humor - like don't be adding me if you're easily offended!

My reason for trying this again is that it worked for me last time and I should never have stopped. Got down to 15st from about 19 last time. Last 4 years I've gone off the rails again and now I'm paying the price.

Due to the virus I have two big holidays now in 2021 (Egypt was supposed to be this Easter) so I think as well as for my general health, I'd like to be a good bit thinner and fitter for those just so I can enjoy them more. They are special trips for us all for one reason or another.

So yeah, that's it for me for the moment I guess. I hope to get to know some of you soon.

Cheers

Andy

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back. :)
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Andy.
    I’m based in Berkshire and am getting used to working from home...
    My daughter is home from her job in Wales and is baking so much naughty stuff in the kitchen... pies, scones etc
    It’s not helping much but her creations are yummy!
    I have an open diary so feel free to friend me and you can take a look 😁💪🏼
    Lockdown is not forever. We must make the most of it!
    Chris
    😁💪🏼🌈
  • amandajomason
    amandajomason Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome back

I'm back at it too - starting all over again. I lost 5 stone last time, but that was over 5 years ago....and had a few tough years where it all pile back one.

I'm London based, and whilst also counting calories, also trying to fall in love with exercise again, and trying to be more active (though a bit harder during lockdown).

Mandy x
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Any other UK based folk knocking around? I'd love to meet you!!

Andy W
  • andrewjamesatherton9360
    Options
    Hi Andy, another Andy here too. I'm from just over the pennines in the high peak. I've got a similar starting point and goals as you. Just starting up myself. All the best on the journey pal
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Andy

I'm also a UK scuba diver. I dive a lot less than I used to, even ignoring lockdown impacts - I have a PFO, so I'm depth limited. I got a major bend 4 years ago.

I did have an operation scheduled to plug the hole, but it was cancelled due to Covid.

I was 14 stone, and close to diabetes. I got down to 10 stone last year, and I've stayed there with much better blood work results than before.

Good luck!

Matt