Sustainability with Mediterranean diet or other?

Options
Do you have a diet that makes you feel good? A diet that you can make your lifestyle? What is it and why? For me, keto is so hard to get right. I always feel nauseous and miss fruit.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Moderation of food I like, staying in my calorie budget. Sustainable for me long term.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I eat Mediterranean mostly, but always have flexibility for occasional indulgences. Keto will be really hard once all the panic meat buying begins unless you want to live off of fat. I find that most that say the follow keto are woefully short on fiber, which we're now learning is vitally important for health.

For years, it was unclear why and if fiber was important. Now, it's vitally clear why it's important. Microbiome health.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,697 Member
    Options
    Personally, I did this approach to lose around 50 pounds and maintain a healthy weight for 4+ years since:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It's a process for figuring out ways to eat within your calorie goal, and gradually tweak that eating to use foods you personally find tasty and practical, feel full/satisfied, get good well-rounded nutrition, manage social eating, and incorporate occasional celebrations and treats.

It's a suggested method, not a suggested diet.

Might not fit your needs, but it's one option, and it's worked well for me.

Best wishes!