What snacks do you love?

Options
I just went shopping tonight and sat down for an hour after to set up my "low cal" snack bin. I have a bin in the fridge now that consists of hummus, salsa, carrots, cheese sticks, and pretzels all measured out to the recommended serving size and ready for me to grab. I've always found one of my biggest problems with snacking is when I don't have options right in front of my face I scrounge the cupboards for something and end up with a bad choice. What are your favorite snacks/do you set up a snack bin?

Replies

• SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Roasted almonds, plain Greek yogurt with honey, frozen peaches in Vitamix with a splash of milk, red pepper strips and hummus.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is popcorn butter flavor or kettle corn. My favorite summer time snacks are sugar free jello or any kind of freezer fruit bars.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas...yum
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    Special k chocolate. Pretzel bar... string cheese... sunflower seeds
  • hodie23
    hodie23 Posts: 16
    Options
    I love fat free, sugar free pudding and I like to add fruit and or graham crackers. It is really good and seems like it seems really rich eaten with the add ins. You could also add a crushed oreo instead of graham crackers. Enjoy.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Fruit any kind, almonds, peanut butter with celery, popcorn.
  • ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Really love real (not microwaved) popcorn, don't have it too often. Pretzels, popchips, raw almonds, raw veggies. I don't make a bunch of single serving bags but I always count out a serving rather than sitting with a entire bag/package of something...
  • ddoeren84
    Options
    I love freeze dried fruits.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't do a snack bin, because I can't stay out of it once I get in it.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    fruits in season, hard boiled egg, greek yogurt, almonds, jerky,vitatops
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Quakers Chocolate Rice Cakes with cool whip & fresh strawberries on top. Or, PB2 Powder & bananas on top. I also love Triscuits (low sodium kind) with a babybel wedge & some fresh grapes. Can't ever go wrong with a few almonds or brazil nuts here & there, either. (:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. It is so yummy! I also like Fiber One protein bars. They taste like candy. I also like sugar free pudding. Sometimes if I have a little extra calories to use I like t add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the chocolate pudding. It taste like a Reeses. I also snack on the 100 calorie almond packets. They are great to mix into things like oatmeal or yogurt.
  • cstigs84
    cstigs84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough quest bars. 10-15s in the microwave = heaven.
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BEER!!! :)
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some great snack ideas here and I love the snack bin idea too especially with them pre-measured out. Thanks for sharing all.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with salt and pepper, half a serving of oats with chocolate protein powder, wheat thins or veg strips with hummus, yogurt and granola with berries, banana with pb. no snack bin, just measure out a serving as i go
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Almost always fruit with the occasional veggie. But then, that's what I eat at my meals, too. ;)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I had a couple donuts today, and I don't even care.

One of them was a bacon maple bar.

'Merica!
  • SymphonyTea
    Options
    The unhealthy snack choice is the Chicago Mix by Garretts Popcorn YUM! but almost 200 calories per handful & it's hard to eat just 1 handful...

Healthy Naturebox.com snack treats have been working for me; they're not as low-cal as a handful of crunchy veggies but they're close; healthy, low-cal & very tasty.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Raw almonds, cottage cheese with salt & pepper, celery with cream cheese, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, carrots, raw green peppers, raw red cabbage, watermelon