Looking for friends that support :)

Options
Bubblywendy
Bubblywendy Posts: 32 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi my name is Wendy and I'm just starting out with MFP.

I'm 21 and has been long trying to lose 18 lbs / 8kgs. I'm not that heavy but I really want to drop these pounds to get to my goal weight. It's been so frustrating because it seems like the harder I try the more weight I gain. Its definitely caused by the power food hold on me! Time after time again I count calories, try to eat healthy, exercise and look for solutions to lose weight but I still can't lose the weight. I know its all about the calorie deficit and I know the amount I have to eat but I just can't beat my food cravings. It's sad because I know the method but I feel powerless to achieve my goal because of my "addiction"to food. I have a food binge nearly every night even when I know it defies my goals but I can't help it. I have little power over my cravings, food is always on my mind and I feel very edgy when I don't get to eat it. Once in a while ill hold but most of the time I give in for immediate gratification. My weakest time of control at night (even 11pm!) where i just devour whatever chips and icecream i have in my house, My stomach would feel heavy the morning after and I would feel powerless.

I need friends to inspire me and encourage me to eat in moderation and not binge.

Please respond if you are willing to help me, I know with enough support I will be resilient and reach my goal once and for all. :smile:

Replies

• thxo
    thxo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy! I can for sure relate with the binge eating.. I am the type of person who will eat an apple and reward myself with a piece of cake.. or 2. I'm trying to not cheat and stick to a healthier lifestyle, i'll add you and hopefully we can help each other!
This discussion has been closed.